It’s your Friday PTS Double Feature!
Before heading into the weekend we wanted to get some more testing hammered out on PTS. We just put up a new update with a bunch of changes – with it you’ll find the new Chronicles of Ascension and voice acting for the Warfront Accolades. We’ll be testing the accolades in the new Warfront: Library of the Runemasters and these introductory chronicles back to back starting at 3:30PM PDT, today, Friday 9/16.
So if you’re not busy come check it out and share your feedback – we look forward to seeing you there!
Chronicles of Ascension
Chronicles of Telara are a new feature arriving in RIFT with Update 1.5, allowing up to two players to delve deeper into the history of Telara and its heroes. The intended difficulty provides a challenge to freshly minted level 50′s and reward even the most battle hardened Ascended with a deeper understanding and new places to explore within the world around you.
Chronicles of Ascension are our introduction to Chronicles and a way to celebrate all players achieving Level 50. With the release of the update all current 50′s and anyone to achieve 50 afterwards will receive an in-game letter from their faction leaders putting them on a quest and introducing the new feature. Unlike previous chronicles, this is intended to be soloable and will lead to you achieving your first Planar Attunement points kicking off the new Level 50 experience.
Currently your faction leader may erroneously send you deep into the heart of enemy territory, we’ve caught onto their plot and assure you it won’t be the case when this feature is released!
Library of the Runemasters
Within the depths of Hammerknell, Guardians and Defiants fight to take control of abandoned dwarven rune vessels. Able to bind powerful planar beings, these artifacts could prove invaluable to the armies of Ascended.
You must fight to take control of these powerful vessels. Be warned, the longer one is within your grasp, the more its dark power will eat away your soul.
Earn points for your team by holding onto the relic for as long as possible. However, no one can withstand the power of the relic for long, and the carrier will take an increasing amount of damage until they die. You may also accrue points for your team by defeating enemy players.
Basic System Overview
- Warfront Accolades are a new addition to warfronts that give players mini achievements and goals they can obtain during each warfront match.
- The majority of Accolades will reward the entire team, so teamwork helps everyone!
List of Accolades
- First Blood - First kill of the match, team awarded favor bonus.
- Killing Spree - Kill 9 enemy players without dying. Opposing team receives bonus for killing them.
- Annihilation - If you wipe the entire opposing team with at least one person alive on your team you will receive a bonus.
- Juggernaut - take massive damage over a significant period of time.
- Savior - Heal or shield a player that is being attacked and at low health.
- Invincible - Hold the fang longer than any mere mortal could!
- Death Wish - Given to the first player to grab the fang
- Reclaimer - Return a flag to your base 5 times in a single match
- Double Threat - Return your flag while carrying their sourcestone
- Defender - Interrupt or reclaim your control point before the enemy claims it for their own!
- Total Control - Control all 4 points at the same time
- Massacre - Slay as many of their sourcestone carriers as you can!
- Demolition - Destroy both of your enemies towers
- Double Down - Kill both Lieutenants before they resurrect an Idol
Escalation: Whitefall Steppes
- Blitz - First person to pick up a stomstone receives a bonus
- Sabotage - Take a stormstone out of the enemy base
Library of the Runemasters
- Mass Martyr – Entire team receives a bonus if you can hold on to 4 or more relics at the same time.
Character Copy to PTS!
You can now copy your character to the Public Test Shard! Simply click the Transfer button when you’re at Character select on the Live client and select “Copy to PTS” – it’s as easy as that! (though there may be a few bugs/limitations we’re working out). We will no longer be offering Gear/Leveling vendors with the introduction of this feature (except when testing requires it.)
You will need to download the PTS client if you have not done so already, this is approximately the same size as installing the full game and may take some time. For more information about PTS and how to access it please see:
We look forward to seeing you there – have fun!