It’s nearly Halloween and what would Halloween be without costumes? The Wardrobe system in RIFT allows you to mix and match all sorts of gear to put on your best façade.
What better way to celebrate Halloween RIFT Style than to make full use of it and let you show off your costume coordination prowess?
From today, October 24th, 2011 to Monday, October 31st, we’re inviting you to submit screenshots in your favorite costumes. Starting on Halloween, October 31st, everyone will have a chance to vote on their favorite costumes!
So what are you dressing up for? I’m glad you asked! We’ll have three categories; each category has a different item associated with it awarded to the top-10 finalists. Here’s the rundown, click on the category name to check out the submission thread:
The Terrifying – Put on your most menacing/scariest face as you try to intimidate or creep your way to the top! Finalists in this category will earn themselves a flashy pair of Pauldrons of Earthen Might, a pair of rock-hard shoulders for your rock-hard abs (or kegs, for dwarves *wink*)
The Beautiful – Be the dainty damsel or dashing dude of everyone’s desire! Be G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S, flossy, flossy…okay I’ll never do that again, but if you love dolling yourself up or putting the BRO in BROCLIFF then get gellin’ cause we have the fanciful Hooty, the Owl hoo could be your attaché as you roll down the runway (see wut I did thar?)
The Bizarre – Whether you look like you’re from another planet or you just graduated from the clown academy, what’s Halloween without the wacky and the weird? Be funny, creative, or just plain out there – to match you’re weirdness we’re awarding the equally strange Cookie, the Bogling Chef…your choice to eat what she’s serving!
But wait – we’re not done thrillin’ just yet. The TOP 3 from each category get all 3 ITEMS.
Screenshots must not be edited (i.e. Photoshopped), other than that, be creative. Click on any of the above categories to submit your entry and feel free to participate in all three!
Here are a couple of tips:
- Location, Location, Location: Pose for the camera and pick a place in Telara that articulates the mood you’re going for. PRO TIP: Make a simple macro with an emote (like /wave) and put it on your Hot Bar, when you hide the UI (CTRL+U, twice to hide names) you can press this Hot Key to play the emote!
- Use those Dyes! Experiment with colors and see how much they change your appearance alone, have fun and be creative – different surfaces and colors tint differently!
- Posting your entry on the forums: Putting your image on the forums is pretty easy. While you’re welcome to use your favorite image hosting site with Forum Attachments, you can show your picture off in the post! When posting, scroll down to where you see “Manage Attachments.” This should bring up a new window where you can “Add Files” then “Insert Inline” to have them display in your post. There may be some size restrictions, so again, feel free to post a link of your own and use the attachment as a preview!
We’re not serving any tricks this Halloween, just treats! So join in and dress up and show us what you’ve got – Happy Halloween!
Without further ado – here’s all the legal stuff that’s fun to read and covers eligibility. Enjoy:
Halloween Costume Contest
Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Halloween Costume Contest (the “Contest”) is organized by Trion Worlds, Inc., who is identified in more detail in Provision 11 herein (the “Sponsor” or “Trion”).
1. DURATION. The Contest begins at 10:00am PDT October 24, 2011 (the “Start Date”) and ends on 10:00am PDT October 31, 2011 (the “Deadline”).
2. ENTRY. Participants must have an active Trion Worlds Account and a valid RIFT subscription (Free Trial, Monthly or Pre-Paid) prior to their participation in the Contest.
The Contest is looking for RIFT characters dressed in three categories of costumes: (i) The Terrifying, (ii) The Beautiful, and (iii) The Bizarre (each a “Category,” and collectively the “Categories.”). To create an entry, participants must take a screenshot of their RIFT character dressed in a costume they believe fits one of the three Categories. To do this, participants must:
- Log-on to RIFT between the Start Date and Deadline.
- Dress your RIFT character in a costume you believe fits one of the three Categories by either using the wardrobe feature or individually equipping the various clothing items.
- Take a screenshot of your RIFT character using the in-game screenshot function. Consult your system’s individual help file for more information.
- Upload the screenshot to the official RIFT Polls & Contests Forum: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/polls-contests/. Each Category will have a separate thread on the RIFT Polls & Contests Forum.
- The screenshot must be consistent with the ESRB’s “T” rating issued to Trion for RIFT.
- The screenshot cannot have been altered in any way, including, without limitation, through Photoshop®.
- The screenshot cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- The screenshot must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The screenshot must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The screenshot must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those of the RIFT universe;
- The screenshot must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The screenshot must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The screenshot must not make any political statements or any statement in opposition to any government or regime; and
- The screenshot must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where screenshot is created.
Screenshots that comply with the above guidelines will be referred to as “Entries.” You may only submit one (1) Entry per Category. Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules and Conditions will not be accepted.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the participant associated with an Entry, and in the absence of convincing evidence to the contrary, as determined by Sponsor, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the email address used to register for the Trion Worlds Account by an Internet Service Provider. Each participant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
A. To be eligible to enter the Contest, as of the time you submit your Entry, you must:
1. Be at least 18 years of age. If you are a minor in your jurisdiction, you must provide the Entry as set forth under Provision 1 with your legal guardian’s approval and you must provide written approval of your entry to the Contest, and consent to these Official Rules and Conditions by your legal guardian (This written approval shall be provided within 14 days after the receipt of request by the Sponsor);
2. Have an active Trion Worlds Account, an active RIFT Subscription (Free Trial, Monthly or Pre-Paid), Internet access, an email account and access to a personal computer;
3. Not have won a prize from Trion within the last twelve (12) months; and
4. Be a legal resident of: (i) one of the fifty United States (or the District of Columbia); or (ii) Canada (excluding Quebec); or (iii) the member countries of the European Union (excluding the Netherlands).
Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.
B. Employees of the Sponsor and/or its subsidiaries, agents, or affiliates, and any family members and/or household members of these employees, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. SELECTION OF WINNING ENTRIES.
- Determination of Winners. The winners will be determined as follows:
- The eligible Entries will initially be judged by a panel of Trion representatives, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Trion’s representatives will choose ten (10) eligible Entries (the “Finalist Entries”) for each Category (30 Finalist Entries in total).
- The Finalist Entries will be posted on the RIFT Polls & Contests Forum (http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/polls-contests/) by 5:00pm PDT October 31, 2011. A new thread will be created for each Category, and the Finalist Entries for each Category will be posted in their respective Category threads.
- Registered users on the Official Rift Forums will vote for their favorite Finalist Entries in each Category.
- The three (3) Participants in each Category who submitted the Finalist Entries receiving the most votes by 10:00am PDT November 7, 2011 shall each be a Grand Prize Winner (each a “Grand Prize Winner,” 9 in total). The remaining seven (7) Participants in each Category shall each be a Runner-Up Winner (each a “Runner-Up Winner,” 21 in total). (Grand Prize Winners and Runner-Up Winners shall be collectively referred to as “Winners.”)
- No more than one (1) prize per person, e-mail address, or physical address.
- In the unlikely event of a tie, Trion’s representatives shall break the tie in their sole discretion.
B. Odds of Winning. ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
C. Notification to Winners. The Winners will be notified by email (email address attached to their Trion Worlds account) by no later than 5:00pm PDT November 7, 2011. The Winners will also be announced on the RIFT Community Blog: http://community.riftgame.com.
D. Any and all decisions of the Sponsor’s representatives, including those of the judges, shall be final and binding in all respects.
A. Description of Prizes.
Grand Prizes – Each Grand Prize Winner shall receive all of the following in-game RIFT vanity items and/or vanity pets, regardless of the Category in which their Finalist Entry was submitted:
- Spaulders of Earthen Might (item) – valued at US$0.00;
- Cookie, the Bogling Chef (pet) – valued at US$0.00; and
- Hooty the Owl (pet) – valued at US$0.00.
Runner Up Prizes – Each Runner-Up Winner shall receive one of the following in-game RIFT vanity items and/or vanity pets, based on the Category in which their Finalist Entry was submitted:
- The Terrifying Category: Spaulders of Earthen Might (item) – valued at US$0.00.
- The Beautiful Category: Hooty the Owl (pet) – valued at US$0.00.
- The Bizarre Category: Cookie, the Bogling Chef (pet) – valued at US$0.00.
B. Estimated Total Prize package value: US$0.00. Winners acknowledge that all prizes awarded have no value of any kind.
C. Winners will be contacted via email (email address attached to their Trion Worlds account). If a Winner cannot be contacted, is contacted and does not respond as directed within seven (7) days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. The prizes will be applied to the Winners’ respective RIFT Accounts (to the RIFT Character displayed on the Entry) within a commercially reasonable time frame.
E. All federal, state, local and or other applicable taxes, licenses, title and/or registration fees or others costs, associated with winning a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winners. The Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be responsible for any such taxes, fees and costs.
F. Winners may have their Entries and usernames posted on the Official Rift Forums and RIFT Community Blog. Except where legally prohibited, by participating in the Contest, the Winners hereby give Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies full permission, right and authority to use their likeness, photograph, name, hometown, and Entries, or any other information that they provide about themselves, the prize, the Contest, or RIFT, for the purposes of advertising and promotion (in any media, including but not limited to in print media, television, film, video, radio, internet or otherwise) related to the Contest, RIFT or the Sponsor, without any further notification or compensation to you other than that set out herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Winners will be given an opportunity to decline inclusion in such advertising and promotions without affecting their eligibility to the prizes.
G. Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within seven (7) days of attempted notification in order to claim prizes. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits.
H. Any prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Sponsor.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
A. You represent and warrant that your Entry is:
1. Your own original work and that it does not violate any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any privacy, publicity or publishing rights); and
2. Not libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, are inappropriate or offensive will disqualify an Entry.
B. You agree to:
1. Be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by email; and
2. Sign any requested documentation set forth in Provision 5 herein (and have your parent or guardian sign such documentation where applicable or requested by Sponsor), including, without limitation an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, in the event that your Entry is a winning Entry.
C. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
D. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California.
E. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, are responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability, any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; typographical, printing or other errors.
F. Illegible, incomplete, duplicate and mechanically reproduced Entries will be disqualified.
G. False, fraudulent or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Participants ineligible.
H. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified.
I. If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Participant’s eligibility to participate in this Contest or any other contest run by Sponsor.
J. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest, and select Winners from Entries received prior to the action taken.
K. All of Sponsor’s decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the Rules are final.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
A. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible Entries or Entries that are lost due to computer, Internet, or electronic malfunction.
B. By entering this contest, you agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Contest or acceptance of or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
C. Winners release the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to a prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
D. For residents of the EU: The provisions of B and C of this Section do not apply to claims against Sponsor, its representatives and its vicarious agents for damages because of personal injury or death, and to claims for damages in case of intent or gross negligence by Sponsor, its representatives or vicarious agents. In such circumstances, the release will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
E. Winners acknowledge that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to a prize.
B. Any personal data you submit in association with this Contest will be stored on a server in the United States of America. Entry into the Contest constitutes your acknowledgement to the storage of your personal data in the United States of America and its use there for the purposes of administering this Contest and associated processing (e.g., but not limited to back-up, archiving). This server is controlled by the Sponsor who is not a participant in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Framework. Your personal data will be stored on these servers and used for the purposes of administering this Contest and associated processing of Entries.
C. By entering this Contest, you (or, on behalf of a minor participant, your parent or guardian) agree that your personal information may be collected, used, by Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, for the sole purpose of conducting, administering, and fulfilling the Contest, including, without limitation notifying you if you are chosen as the potential Winner and for prize delivery.
D. For Residents of France Only: Pursuant to French law pertaining to data collection and processing, you have a right of access to, modification and withdrawal of your personal data. You also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write an e-mail to: email@example.com. The data controller is Sponsor. The recipient of your personal data is the Sponsor. Your data will be transferred outside the European Union.
E. For Residents of Germany Only: Pursuant to the German Federal Data Protection Act, you have a right to information about the personal data stored about you, including its origin, recipient or categories of recipients of the data and the purpose of the storage. In addition, you have the right of correction and, in certain circumstances, to disabling and deletion of your data and, in certain circumstances, the right to object to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. To exercise such right, you may write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
F. For Residents of United Kingdom Only: Participants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Participants may request such action by sending a message to email@example.com.
G. If allowed under applicable law, you may exercise your right to access and modify the personal information about you stored by Sponsor by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and detailing your request.
9. WINNERS LIST. A list of Winners will be posted on the RIFT Community Blog no later than 5:00pm PDT on November 11, 2011. A list of Winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Trion Worlds, Inc., ATTN: Community, 303 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA. Do not send Entries or other correspondence to this address.
10. SEVERABILITY. In the event any Provision of these Official Rules and Conditions prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
11. SPONSOR. This contest is sponsored by Trion Worlds, Inc., 303 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA.
© 2011 Trion Worlds, Inc. Trion, Trion Worlds, RIFT, Rift: Planes of Telara, Telara, and their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Trion Worlds, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and logos belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.