Fae Yule Feast Winners!

Posted by on 6 January 2012

Happy New Year!

As we headed into the winter holidays last month we held a contest challenging you to craft a recipe in your homes and theming the ingredients to reflect the flora and fauna of Telara. We received dozens of wonderful submissions and in the final days of 2011 selected one grand-prize winner from each of our English, German, and French communities – feast your eyes on the winning dishes below, bon appetit!

Bogling Surprise Cupcakes – Tamica @ Laethys

These buttery bogling buns are sure to brighten the days of all, fae or not – the candy and colorful, creamy frosting is sure the deck the tables with yule-tided spirit!

Souper du Voyageur (Dinner of the Traveler) – Isilmë @ Tempête

This decadent french dish has been infused with Ethian elegance to warm the cauckles of any adventuer! Enjoy savory rump roast with creamy mushroom sauce and patatoes au gratin…I’m drooling already

Süßer Ebenenstrom (Sweet Rift) – Kalisha @ Akala

Whoever says that berries, chocolate, and cream don’t go together is a crazy person – this delectable edible swirls with flavor luring adventurers to taste its most dynamic depths!

Now that I’m done trying to make as many rift tie ins as I can…I wonder if this spawns little cupcake invasions, regardless you’ll probably want a group to help close it *wink*

To celebrate some of the team here at Trion put on an impromptu pot-luck, bringing in some last minute treats with a Telaran theme!

Ascended Casserole

The First Arrivals

Bogling Surprise Cupcakes (made by yours truly, Elrar); Mathosian Rations; and Amary’s Creamy Krakenweed-Razorbrush Dip!

As a special surprise Amary transcribed her recipe for your enjouyment:

Amary’s Creamy Krakenweed-Razorbrush Dip

• 1 helm-full blanched krakenweed leaves
  • 1 wineglass fresh vaiyuu cream
  • half-wineglass shredded aged sicklehorn cheese
  • 1 wineglass shredded fresh washed sicklehorn cheese
  • 1 wineglass thickened vaiyuu cream
  • 4 wyvernspurr bulbs, crushed
  • thimble of ground cartel spices (more to taste)
  • 2 thimbles dried crushed drakepepper flakes (omit/less/more to taste)
  • 8-10 hearts of brined razorbrush flowers, drained and chopped
  • bread, toast, hardtack, or chopped vegetables for dipping

Heat fire or oven until fire is well-established and throwing good heat but not roaring.

Squeeze excess water from the blanched krakenweed leaves, chop well, and place in a large mixing bowl. Add fresh vaiyuu cream, aged sicklehorn cheese, 3/4 of the fresh sicklehorn cheese, thickened vaiyuu cream, wyvernspurr bulbs, cartel spices, and drakepepper flakes.

Blend well until mixture is thoroughly combined, though it will remain lumpy. Add chopped brined razorbrush flowers and mix gently to combine.

Place in a fire or oven-safe pot or crock and top the mixture with the reserved fresh sicklehorn cheese. Heat thoroughly until the contents are melted and bubbly, approximately half an hour.

Serve with bread, toast, hardtack, day-old-bread, flatbread, vegetables, with meats, or on a spoon straight out of the dish. Trust me!

[This is my favorite party appetizer to make at home or to bring elsewhere; it travels well, can be reheated multiple times, AND IS DELICIOUS.]

[Surprisingly-Lower-Fat Spinach Artichoke Dip]

• [1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed]
  • [1 cup light sour cream]
  • [½ cup grated Parmesan]
  • [1 cup shredded pt-skim mozzarella]
  • [8 oz. Reduced fat cream cheese, room temp]
  • [4 cloves garlic, crushed]
  • [½ tsp black pepper (more to taste)]
  • [1 tsp red pepper flakes (omit entirely or add more to taste)]
  • [1 can artichoke hearts, drained]
  • [Tortilla chips, french bread, crackers, or other dippers]

[Heat oven to 350F]

[Drain spinach and thoroughly squeeze out excess water. Blend with sour cream, parmesan, ¾ cup of the mozzarella, cream cheese, garlic, pepper, and red pepper flakes.]

[Mix until combined but still lumpy. Add artichoke hearts and mix to combine.]

[Place in 1-qt. baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella. Bake until melted and bubbly, about 30 minutes.]

[Serves well with tortilla chips, mini toast slices, crackers, pita chips, and just about anything else.]

Join the Discussion @ The Official Forums