With RIFT 1.8: Infernal Dawn we introduced Leaderboards – a new way to keep tabs on your progress, motivate yourself, or just show how awesome you really are!
With 89 leaderboards and counting there’s something for everyone, whatever your forte! To make it easy to find we’ve broken it down into five ladders: PvE General, PvE Group, PvE Raid, PvP, and Crafting.
Looking for the leaderboards? They can be found under the “Social” button on your menu bar or by pressing semicolon (;) on your keyboard.
Breakin’ it Down – Divisions
Check out any of the leaderboards – you’ll see you’re automatically placed in a Division for each Leaderboard ladder. Leaderboards show the rankings for all players in your Wargroup, the group of shards you also share Warfronts and Dungeons with.
- Your division ranks up to 100 other players with scores similar to your own in a single ladder.
- As a rough indication of skill (or activity level) you’ll see your division belongs to one of five Leagues: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond
- For each individual leaderboard within the five ladders you are given a score of 1-100 based on your recent performance compared with everyone else in your division.
- This score is combined with scores received in other leaderboards under the same ladder. This total is your score for the division in that ladder. For example: PvE General contains 8 leaderboards; the maximum possible score you could earn is 800 if you ranked first in all eight leaderboards for that week.
Movin on up! (Or down)
So what’s the point of the score? Besides telling everyone in your division how much you love collecting artifacts, your score is what determines whether you’re promoted or demoted to a different league.
- Each day the top performers have a chance to be promoted to a new league in each ladder. If you are already in the Diamond league you’ve reached the current pinnacle within your Wargroup for that ladder – Congratulations, enjoy competing with the other top dogs in your division!
- The same goes for underperformers though too! Anyone can be demoted to a lower league if you’re in the bottom ranks of your division.
- Your chance to be promoted or demoted also increases with each consecutive day you’re near the top or bottom – you reap what you sow!
- Planning on a vacation or just taking a break for a few days? Don’t worry – you can only change leagues once before you need to login to become active on the leaderboards again, so you won’t fall too far behind!
- When you join a new league you’ll find you’re also in a new division. When this occurs you’ll have a one week grace period in which you cannot change leagues, this allows you time to accumulate a new score and compete on the leaderboards with others who have been in your division longer.
So there you have it, everything you need to know to make the most out of leaderboards. We hope you have fun challenging yourself – you’ll never know what you discover, have fun!